eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Winter stock up

It got colder today. Add to that that it's raining. I guess I have to stock up with soup dishes for the winter months and perhaps a dehumidifier, launrdy is taking longer to dry nowadays.

This is my daughter's favorite soup, sadly I don't make this from scratch since I do not have that much time preparing it. But I would love to try it sometime. So I got this from allrecipes.com, might as well try:


Ingredients:


  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrot
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
  • 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 drops hot pepper sauce

Procedure:


  1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
  2. Add carrot and celery; cook 7 to 9 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.

----

A soup full of vitamin C to fight off the winter cold! Enjoy the week!

---

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors