>> Monday, November 22, 2010 – Soup
It got colder today. Add to that that it's raining. I guess I have to stock up with soup dishes for the winter months and perhaps a dehumidifier, launrdy is taking longer to dry nowadays.
This is my daughter's favorite soup, sadly I don't make this from scratch since I do not have that much time preparing it. But I would love to try it sometime. So I got this from allrecipes.com, might as well try:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Add carrot and celery; cook 7 to 9 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
A soup full of vitamin C to fight off the winter cold! Enjoy the week!