I bought this lunchbox for my son for him to carry when we go out on longer trips. I fill the box as much as I can with his favorite stuff.
Following the sushi rice recipe I added bits of nori to add more flavor to it.
For this bento you will need:
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 whole milkfish, butterflied (deboned, cut open)
oil for frying
1 1/2 cups sushi rice
5 slices of luncheon meat
5 surimi strips (crab meat)
1. Marinate milkfish with first 4 ingredients. Leave it for about 2 hours (longer time, better).
2. Prepare sushi rice.
3. Fry luncheon meat about 2 minutes on each sides.
4. Add nori bits to rice before putting it in your bento box.
For fried milkfish:
1. Heat oil in a pan for the milkfish. While waiting for it to heat up, slice tomatoes and surimi.
* Arrange food into your bento box neatly. Add fruits or desserts as you like.