On days that I don't have the luxury of time and I happened to be out in the city I drop by a favorite restaurant. It's a fusion restaurant featuring running sushi and coming fondue and also an eat-all-you-can buffet. They also offer take home. For 5,80€ you get a rectangular box and a cirular container for your choice of food. The shrimp tempura and the spring rolls are regulars. The kids love munching on them when we're watching movies at home...along with these I'd get tofu - vegetable mix and salmon - vegetable mix as a healthier option.
Croquettes are another family favorite (above are ready-to-cook croquettes I baked). I'm really glad my kids enjoy eating potato based food and that they don't get tired of it. Potatoes are common in Austrian table as a sidedish (like Pommes Frites, Kartoffelsalat) or main meal (like Kartoffelgulasch). In the kindergarten, the kids eat them like 3-4 times a week...a friend's daughter actually stopped eating potatoes when she was six!
I got an award from Marelie! Thank you so much!
Rules for accepting the award:
1. Post linking back to the person that gave you the award
2. Share 7 random things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered blogs
4. Drop them a note and tell them about it.
I haven't done award tags for like 2.5 years! ^_^ ThoughI've got some new blogging friends, 15 is still a big number. So for the random things...
1. I maintain 12 active blogs (you'll see 10 buttons on the footer of this blog).
2. I love all sorts of books and when there's a book bazaar I hoard! 5€ for 10 books is a steal! That buy would include classics and cookbooks. My favorite authors include the Bröntes, Austen, Murakami, Neruda, Dr. Ophelia Dimalanta, F. Sionil Jose and Dr. Cirilo Bautista.
3. I am a jack of all trades, master of one - photography. :)
4. I finished Journalism which explains why I journal all things around me...haha kidding, really since I chose to stay with the kids at this time, I am using my skills as a journalist to earn online.
5. I am purely Filipino with perhaps a pint of Spanish blood...I married a Singaporean-Filipino who my kids took on their facial traits.
6. I speak fluent Tagalog, English and German and am able to converse in Spanish too. I understand Japanese as well but speak it very sukoshi.
7. I'm a geography, history, travel, art, culture, language, architecture, mind games buff.
I'm passing this award to:
Mommy Jes of Kitchen Explorers. She claims to be a noob in the kitchen but her posts prove otherwise.
Mei of Newlywed's Cravings. Her blog title should soon change to Newmomanddad, I guess...the preggy mom who always cooks food that makes me crave (she's in Japan, now at home for the baby's delivery).
I'd continue the award-giving (harhar)...for now I'm off to dreamland...
--a post for-