Following the post about Menudo is another dish with liver....
The reason why I started cooking liver dishes is so my sickly son could benefit from the iron it richly contains.
To prepare this dish, I marinate the liver overnight so the flavor can be absorbed well. Though the preparation takes a day, cooking time is short.
Liver, cut into thin strips
onion, cut into rings
1. In a small container, combine soy sauce enough to marinate the liver, add lemon juice (according to taste) and season with pepper. Keep refrigerated until you want to cook them and make sure each strip is soaked with the mixture.
2. (When you decide to cook the liver), heat a little oil in a deep pan, cut onions into rings leaving a few to be chopped. Saute the smaller pieces of onion on oil.
3. When onion turns transparent, drop in the liver strips one by one. Cook one side for a few minutes then turn.
4. Add the onion rings and mix them well with the liver.
5. Pour the soy sauce mixture and cover, turn off stove but leave the pan on stove to soften the onions.6. Best served with rice... (yet I forgot to include rice)