• 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks
• 2 cups of sticky rice (uncooked)
• 1 qt of chicken stock
• 2 knobs of ginger (peeled, chopped 1/4 inches)
• 4 cloves of garlic (chopped roughly)
• 1 onion or 2 shallots
• green onions
• 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
• salt and pepper
1. In a big pot, add some oil, and brown the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
2. When you flip over the chicken, add the chopped onion or shallots and sauté until the other side of the chicken browns.
3. Add garlic, give a quick toss and add uncooked rice.
4. Mix rice and add fish sauce then throw in ginger. Mix and add chicken stock.
5. Cover and bring to a simmer.
6. Bring heat to medium and continue to stir. Making sure rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
7. Continue to check the tenderness of the rice. If mixture is getting too thick, add lukewarm water.
8. When rice is cooked just right, serve with chicken in a bowl and garnish with green onions/deep fried shallots and garlic.