eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Salmon-Parsley Pasta

salmon pasta



"No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention." -Christopher Morley

Two weeks ago I received a whole 5 kilo salmon right in our kitchen. Well, it's more of bought because I paid 50€ (60$/2,999Php) for the whole of it. This is really a steal considering such expensive fish. I usually get salmon cuts for sushi at 20 a kilo! And since it was delivered at home, I do not need to worry about losing the freshness. So I got salmon stacked in our freezer, enough to feed us through a whole winter month. (Reminds me of bears happily catching their salmon by a river!) :D


salmon pasta


Since the kids love salmon, they won't be bored eating it as sashimi, in a soup, grilled, baked or in pasta. This is one of the simple dishes I prepare with salmon. I think I had this featured here before but with a different twist. This version has 2 or 3 more added ingredients. (lol)



Ingredients:

salmon fillet, skinned

pasta of your choice

cherry tomatoes, halved or pressed

low-fat crème fraîche

chopped fresh parsley

orange zest

salt

ground black pepper

Procedure:

Cube salmon and dust with salt and pepper. Sear the pieces and set aside.

Cook pasta per package directions.

Drain pasta and toss in tomatoes and salmon.

Mix in crème fraîche, parsley, orange zest and pepper to taste.

Top with as much salmon pieces as you want.

As the quote above says, eating spaghetti or pasta for that matter requires much attention. Add salmon to it and you need to double the concentration savoring the flavor. :)




rubytuesday


--


Join us by clicking the badge!

Robin from Israel  – (November 15, 2010 at 9:16 AM)  

Goodness, that's a lot of salmon. Pasta's a great way to use some of it.

-------------------------------
Brand new at Around the Island Photography -- Photoverse Prints - Faith-Based and Inspirational Custom Photo Art

Luna Miranda  – (November 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM)  

could you adopt me for a while to help you eat all the salmon?:p
the salmon pasta is making me hungry!

Ralph  – (November 15, 2010 at 10:39 AM)  

The salmon and pasta is absolutely beautiful! As we eat with our eyes (a French expression, I think...), I am hungry for great looking, and great tasting dishes like this!

Malay-Kadazan Girls  – (November 15, 2010 at 2:45 PM)  

Yummy I am hungry again. Happy Ruby Tuesday

pagan sphinx  – (November 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM)  

Your dish looks so pretty! You did a great job with photographing it and now you're making me hungry! I LOVE salmon!

My Ruby Post

JMom  – (November 17, 2010 at 10:05 AM)  

I do love the photo of this dish too, G! It makes me want to dig right in :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors