eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Wine for good health

(photo courtesy of wikipedia)

There were very few occasions that I drank wine, and all those instances not even finishing a full glass. My being choosy and not so fond of wines has more to do with the smell than the taste. I find the use of wine more appropriate for cooking though. Infusing white wine with fish and red wine with meat is a good rule to live by. This is why you'd see a few bottles of both in our kitchen, comes in handy when I need them.

---

Since the good book suggests that wine when taken in small amount is healthy...it "makes the heart of man rejoice" (Psalm 104:15), I should heed that. Perhaps a little Chardonnay with scallops or lobsters over a good talk with hubby...Just something I observe from mom in law and her hubby...before going to sleep, they would talk about what happened that day, laughing sometimes arguing a little until they finish a whole bottle of red wine.

If not, hubby and I could just munch on chardonnay grapes as is with some cheese and crackers too! ;-)

Another thing to consider about drinking wine are the health benefits. The good book also cited:
Use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.” (1 Timothy 5:23) True enough, studies show that the antioxidant contents of red wine helps protect one against heart disease but just like in other matters, moderation is the key.

nobu  – (February 8, 2009 at 5:36 AM)  

A little wine keeps doctor away!

syel  – (February 9, 2009 at 4:45 AM)  

i didn't like wine before...pero ngayon every month, we have a bottle of either red or white wine.

Jescel  – (February 9, 2009 at 7:46 AM)  

I drink wine only on occassion -- and that's rare. Red wine is particulary good for the heart. My hubby and I are drinkers, but we have wines and liquors (like rhum, sherry, etc) -- which I use all of them just for cooking. Wine/Liquors evaporate when cooking but it intesifies the flavor of the food you're cooking it with :o)

Kilauea Poetry  – (February 11, 2009 at 4:05 PM)  

You beat me to this..I still may post a wine picture! I don't drink it as often as I used to but I really enjoy it when I do! Your suppose to gaze awhile at the lovely color -in a clear glass! Ha.

Anonymous –   – (February 20, 2009 at 8:01 AM)  

no doubt about your opinion.
I must say that only a person having a good health and a fit body can succeed in life. You will surely have to make some efforts for it, but then you can enjoy its fruits throughout.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors