eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Ruby Tuesday - Tomato Soup

This is my daughter's favorite soup, sadly I don't make this from scratch since I do not have that much time preparing it. But I would love to try it sometime. So I got this from allrecipes.com, might as well try:

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrot
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
  • 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 drops hot pepper sauce
Procedure:

  1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
  2. Add carrot and celery; cook 7 to 9 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.

----
A soup full of vitamin C to fight off the winter cold! Enjoy the week!

---

Join this meme:

Ralph  – (February 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM)  

that soup looks fabulous! I have never tried from scratch either, but that bowl with the croutons and dried oregano in the middle...what kid (or adult) could resist??

EG CameraGirl  – (February 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM)  

Looks Yummy!
You can view my Ruby Tuesday post at http://moreofme24.blogspot.com

Leora  – (February 2, 2009 at 7:02 PM)  

Yum. I made a similar soup tonight, but mine had a few dashes of hot sauce instead of worcestershire, and I also used some beans, so it was kind of like a minestrone.

eastcoastlife  – (February 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM)  

Your picture looks good! makes me want to drink the soup.

I like tomato soup. My son who is a trainee chef cooks a good tomato soup.

Foodmoods  – (February 2, 2009 at 11:09 PM)  

Hi, if you'll be in the Philippines again we hope that you and your family can visit us at KAMAYAN/SAISAKI/DADS. Join us also at www.foodmoods.blogspot.com for the latest updates on our Eat-All-You-Can Buffet.

Kash M  – (February 2, 2009 at 11:31 PM)  

Tomato soup is my all time favorites.Nice share!

BTW I contacted you several time via MyBLogLog but I guess you are not active there so I am leaving a comment for you here.

My link is in your blogroll 'Quick and easy recipes' but the link has '%20' in the end making the link inactive and will not lead any click to my blog. So please remove that error and let me know so that I can place your link back on my blogroll . You can contact me here !

Becky  – (February 3, 2009 at 3:22 AM)  

Tomato is my favourite soup. It looks delicious.

My RT image is posted here. Please stop by if you get a chance.

Dianne  – (February 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM)  

fantastic presentation!! and yummy too :)

maryt/theteach  – (February 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM)  

Ah yes, warm RED soup for the Winter! Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Amber Star  – (February 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM)  

I did make tomato soup from scratch from a Martha Stewart recipe and it was so delicious, and I don't like tomato soup...but all I'd tried before was Campbell's. As I recall it wasn't as complicated as the recipe you have here, though. The box soups are very nice, too. We bought some roasted red pepper and tomato soup the other day and had it with grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum...and that may be our dinner tonight.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors