eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Food Friday - Nilaga


One of the very few dishes that takes me a step closer to home.

I used to cook this dish with whatever is available, meaning, beef and bulalo plus chinakohl (chinese cabbage of the pekinensis type) but whenever I get the chance to visit the asia shop, I buy bok choi (petsay though also under the chinese cabbage family), plaintains (saba) and sweet corn...The saba however are bottled and sweetened, unfortunately, hard to bite too. I had to separately boil them in water before dropping them down the big pot.

Served with rice, another meal to enjoy in this cold season!


Join this meme:

agent112778  – (February 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM)  

wow ate ang sarap naman nyan, mas authentic pa ang nilaga mo jan kesa sa amin kami meat, patatas at repolyo lang

my entry is here

Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)
Thanx for the Visit :)

Zeee  – (February 6, 2009 at 10:25 AM)  

We cook ours differently but I looooove this dish! Especially if we add the bone marrow...yummmm! I know it's full of cholesterol but we cook this once in a while and it's yummy! :D

abll  – (February 6, 2009 at 10:40 PM)  

bottled saba? wow. that's.. weird. hehehe!

maiylah  – (February 7, 2009 at 6:09 AM)  

now that is soul food for me!
bottled saba? ok ah!

thanks for playing again, G!
no worries about being late. your food posts are always yummy! :)
happy weekend

Liz  – (February 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM)  

Yummy especially on cold days. Best paired with patis and calamansi. :D

Mommy's Little Corner

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors