eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Lasang Pinoy Sundays - Steamed


Following my last post of another Salmon dish you might think that we always have salmon on our table. Well, I am a self-confessed salmon freak anyway :) but this dish was from last week when I thought that the theme then was 'steamed.' :D

What you will need for this dish:
Salmon fillets
Lemon juice
Dill (fresh or dried)
Salt
Pepper
Water/Fish stock
White Wine
Lettuce leaves
Steamer

Lay lettuce leaves on top of your steamer.

Place salmon fillets on lettuce and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place some sprigs of dill on top of salmon or sprinkle with dried dill weed.

Pour in the fish stock, white wine and juice of half the lemon in the bottom pot. Add the dill sprigs (reserving a few) or 1 tblsp. of dried dill weed. Bring this to a simmer.
Place the top rack of steamer on the simmering liquid and cover. Steam for 5 to 10 minutes or until the salmon turns a very light (whitish) pink. Remove from heat and let cool covered.

Serve with rice (steamed too!) and steamed veggies.



------


Lasang Pinoy Sundays is a weekly GALLERY of the FILIPINO TASTE focusing on Food Photography. If you want to join this meme, please click the button.

Thess  – (January 31, 2009 at 2:26 PM)  

I'm a salmon freak too but it's too pricey girlfriend! *lol*

perfect plate of balanced steamed food =)

I've my disaster steamed puto here

Unknown  – (January 31, 2009 at 5:25 PM)  

sosy, pati ang rice heart-shaped (heheh). favorite ko rin salmon.

maiylah  – (January 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM)  

healthy treat!! fave di namin yan, kaso tama si Thess, mahal lang. lol. :)

enjoy your Sunday, too, G!

Munchkin Mommy  – (January 31, 2009 at 8:15 PM)  

e masarap naman kasi talaga ang salmon! :) i think there were two of you who thought that last week's theme was steamed and not eye candy. i wonder why. :)

puwede nga rin palang cooked rice na lang ano...steamed kasi yun, diba? haha!

iska  – (January 31, 2009 at 8:49 PM)  

Sounds healthy. I either grill or pan-fry it (just like the other night). Maybe I should do this, too. It's kind of similar to how I steamed mussels :-)

agent112778  – (January 31, 2009 at 9:37 PM)  

im craving for salmon too, specially yung tinapa style :D

anyways my jaw breaking treat is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

Oggi  – (February 1, 2009 at 7:44 AM)  

I started loving salmon after reading one of your salmon posts and I'm so grateful, ang sarap pala specially the pan-fried skin-on steaks, drizzled with lemon or calamansi juice. Yummy!

The plating is so cute, I love the heart shaped rice.:)

TheOzSys  – (February 1, 2009 at 1:02 PM)  

I love salmon too but can't cook it coz ako lang kakain, if ever...grrr... sad 'no? That's why I just make it a point to order it everytime we eat out.

Promise, though, I'll really cook it after I get your baked salmon recipe (pressure ba? hahaha!) - kung ayaw nila, ako uubos! Bwahahaha!

Gita Asuncion  – (February 2, 2009 at 4:40 AM)  

i love salmon.. kaya lang, i prefer it raw, in sashimi... i cooked this tonite.. pero pan fried. in butter. masarap din pala... very creamy kasi ang salmon diba!

Jescel  – (February 2, 2009 at 10:23 AM)  

Salmon and dill are a perfect pair! Hmmn.. this meal is healthy and delicious.

ces  – (February 5, 2009 at 8:49 AM)  

shove me any salmon dish! i'll gladly accept:)yum!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors