eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Food Friday - Upside Down Pineapple cake


I baked this cake the day before I made the Black Forest cake few days back. Since I had no eggs, I used an eggless recipe that substituted vinegar. (I was surprised too!)

The dough was good but nothing special, I also forgot to brush up the baking pan with a glaze of sugar syrup so the bottom didn't turn into a beautiful brown.

Win some, lose some as the cliche goes. I didn't do well on this one but succeeded with the Black Forest! ;-)


Join us in this meme:

Anonymous –   – (February 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM)  

another cake from childhood...:)i like how you arranged the fruits:) recipe recipe! gumanti:) the cheesecake, i used ready crust lang G and then followed the filling recipe from Philly cheese box! lol!

Anonymous –   – (February 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM)  

it may not be your best bake but it still looks delish to me. care to give me a slice?

Anonymous –   – (February 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM)  

Ay, sarap nito, yaan mo na, basta masarap, ok na yun :D

Zeee  – (February 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM)  

It still looks yummy! I'm not a fan of pineapple though but I can just put the pineapple aside and eat the cake! :)

Unknown  – (February 19, 2009 at 10:28 PM)  

i'm sure masarap pa rin yan kahit di golden ang bottom.:D perfect for coffee! kanina pa ako kapeng-kape.:D

Digital Polaroids  – (February 20, 2009 at 4:54 AM)  

It seems lovely! I never used pineapple for this kind of cakes, almost always I prepare them with apples, carrots (you have to try it) or bananas.

Anonymous –   – (February 20, 2009 at 6:19 AM)  

I used to bake this with my cousins when we were still kids. I suddenly miss it. I'll check the recipe again and try to bake one. :)

nobu  – (February 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM)  

It has a nice colour, absolutely oishii!!

Anonymous –   – (February 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM)  

that looks good enough for me! :)

thanks for playing again, G
have added this blog to the list. :)

happy weekend!

Anonymous –   – (February 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM)  

This was the first cake I baked, and that was a long, long time ago, hehe. Siguro dapat gumawa ulit ako nito. :D

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors