eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Food Friday - A slab of grilled Tuna





Tuna is not as popular as salmon is in our household. Admittedly, I do not have a good recipe in mind and even google has not presented one that I found appealing.


Whenever I get ahold of tuna steaks, I marinate them in lemon-toyo (lemon juice and soya sauce mix), grilled and then served with some veggies...Unfortunately, the marinade doesn't sink in enough to taste. I would make another mix of lemon-toyo, drizzled on the steak or as a dip.

Do you have a good tuna recipe? Please let me know. :-)

(Join this meme.)

maiylah  – (December 25, 2008 at 7:11 PM)  

that looks tasty enough for me! love the depth of field on this shot! :)

thanks for playing again, G
merry christmas!

Unknown  – (December 26, 2008 at 12:25 AM)  

hello, G! from the food network, i learned that in order to get meat or fish thoroughly marinated, put it in the fridge for about 2 hours before cooking. i don't know the science behind it but its what most chefs do after they marinate.

you can also bake tuna in olive oil and herbs...or add herbs to your marinate to give it a new flavor. mahilig lang ako mag experiment.:D

 gmirage  – (December 26, 2008 at 1:18 AM)  

Luna, thanks! I so put some herbs but I still don't get the good taste :( But I'll try your tip, thanks uli!

agent112778  – (December 26, 2008 at 4:47 AM)  

love tuna :)

since im not eating pork anymore i always replace pork ingredient w/ tuna :)

my entry is here

Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)
Thanx for the Visit :)

♥peachkins♥  – (December 26, 2008 at 6:13 AM)  

Ako din...gusto ng tuna steaks!

Thanks for visiting.

Unknown  – (December 26, 2008 at 7:27 AM)  

hi, G! a friend told me a while ago that food safety is the reason why marinated food is refrigerated. harmful bacteria may grow when food is marinated at room temperature. para daw mas malasa, marinate your fish overnight before cooking.:D

ces  – (December 28, 2008 at 2:27 PM)  

yummy and healthy! i miss fish dishes! hope you had a fab christmas G!:) and happy happy new year ahead!
here's my late FF entry

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors