eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Food Friday - Sweets by McCafe



Cheesecake

Manila has them a long time ago, but Vienna didn't...In line with the renovation of most McDonald restaurants, some have added the McCafe stations too, perhaps as part of the expansion programme for this year.

McCafé launched in Melbourne, Australia in 1993 which reflects a desire for traditional European coffee. It has been indicated that McCafé outlets generated 15% more revenue than a regular McDonalds and by 2003 were the largest coffee shop brand in Australia and New Zealand.



In 2007, the chain expanded to Japan as part of McDonald's efforts to boost sales with healthier soup and sandwich offerings and reach out to new audiences who favored traditional coffee shops. Despite being a relatively small part of McDonald's overall strategy, there are currently 1300 McCafés worldwide.



---



The cheesecake has pleasant texture, a melt-in-your-mouth-slowly kind of thing. I tried this one out of curiosity and because I haven't had a cheesecake for the longest time =D It was ok for me, perhaps I was looking for additional blueberries.

The chocolate cake (below) was recommended by a friend who frequents the Mccafe in Greenbelt...she said its good especially the icing, which is really a thick frosting. Unfortunately, I find the cake itself lacking if taken without the frosting, still a comfort food for those craving for sweets.

Schokokuchen




The McCafé station at a drive-thru McDonald's in Brunnerstrasse, 21st District.

(please pardon the photos, which were taken with my phone camera)

nobu  – (September 20, 2008 at 4:45 PM)  

Oh, those are looks delicious.
In Japan, MacCafe open last year.
But, almost McCafe are only Tokyo.

maiylah  – (September 20, 2008 at 8:05 PM)  

yummy!!!! haven't been to a McCafe yet ... and you say it's already here in Manila? lol ... that just shows how "well informed" i am! :D

thanks for playing this week, M!
oh, you can get the food friday blogroll code here. :)

happy weekend!

ces  – (September 22, 2008 at 5:50 AM)  

tamang tama ang dating ko dito, i need dessert now!:)
mom is here

 gmirage  – (September 22, 2008 at 7:49 AM)  

Ah nobu, isnt tokyo very near Chiba? I believe Anna said its a 1 hour drive from there place to Puroland and Disneyland, which is at very near tokyo?

 gmirage  – (September 22, 2008 at 7:50 AM)  

Maiylah, I don't remember being there but my friend (coincidentally named Mayla) said she frequent it back when she's still in Manila.

Ces, ako din nagrerequest ang mga kuting ng cake or brownie =D

Zeee  – (September 22, 2008 at 3:03 PM)  

I love cheesecake! :)

My check out my food friday entry here FF: Soups

Para i familiaku  – (September 23, 2008 at 4:19 PM)  

WOW!! I never knew that McCafe exists! We have Mc Donalds here in Saipan, but not McCafe.. I am hoping we will get one soon! I miss premium coffee!
The cakes look delicious! I love Philippines, I have been there last year, and looking forward to going there sometime this year again (hopefully in December!).

Unknown  – (September 26, 2008 at 7:14 AM)  

dito pala ang kitchen maus uy cheesecake. pati dito may mccafe na rin

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors