eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Sushi Rice

rice
Sushi Rice is like fried rice to us that I cook it as often as once a week. I prepare lots of stuff with it, be it sushi, maki rolls, or just plain sushi rice in a bowl topped with fish; raw or cooked and other finger foods.


Ingredients:

3 1/4 cups water
3 cups Japanese rice
1/3 cup rice wine
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Japanese rice tends to be sticky compared to other rice grains that's why its ideal to use it so they don't fall apart.

1. Pour rice into rice cooker. Wash it as you would wash normal rice. Pour 3 1/4 cups water and cook.




2. In a pan, combine rice wine, sugar and salt. Put pan on low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Cool the mixture.




3. When rice is cooked, put it on a large plate and pour the vinegar mixture over and mix evenly and carefully with a wooden spoon.
-------------------

Serve rice with your favorite cold cuts, fish or as sushi, maki roll or musubi...which will be our next food trip!









Panaderos  – (March 29, 2008 at 4:15 PM)  

Oh my goodness, your sushi rice looks so heavenly! I'm sorry I have to leave your website now because I'm getting hungry and the bad thing is, I just had my dinner! Waah!

 gmirage  – (March 29, 2008 at 10:02 PM)  

I don't know why I eat this a lot, when I don't really like vinegar! But then rice wine tastes better than vinegar...=D

Oggi  – (April 3, 2008 at 7:09 PM)  

Sushi rice, yes! My favorite as well. We love it with both Japanese, Korean and sometimes Filipino food.:)
BTW do you cook adobo?

 gmirage  – (April 3, 2008 at 11:04 PM)  

Not much Oggi, I cook adobo sometimes and add liver for my son's sake (he has iron-deficiency)...=D Not your typical adobo-loving pinoy family hehe. Hubby and kids enjoy spicy food...that I think comes from the chinese blood lol.

Ruy  – (April 8, 2008 at 6:18 AM)  

Hi Gizelle! Thank you for sharing this!
Thanks for being patient and vigilant with our delinquent blog. Food's coming out again. Haha!

Juliana  – (April 11, 2008 at 11:17 AM)  

Hi,

Just drop by... From Big Bang World Record No. 2 ^___^;; Wow..Your blog makes me hungry :D

Regards,
July
Juliana‘s Site & Picturing of Life

 gmirage  – (April 11, 2008 at 1:26 PM)  

Ruy, (and Liv) Glad you're back!

Feel free to look for recipes Juliana, I'm no expert though! Thanks for the link back...

bid yan  – (April 28, 2008 at 5:42 AM)  

seeing the photos is already mouth-watering.. haha. by the wat. thanks for visiting my page =]

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors