eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Finger Foods and an Award

.
.


On days that I don't have the luxury of time and I happened to be out in the city I drop by a favorite restaurant. It's a fusion restaurant featuring running sushi and coming fondue  and also an eat-all-you-can buffet. They also offer take home. For 5,80€ you get a rectangular box and a cirular container for your choice of food. The shrimp tempura and the spring rolls are regulars. The kids love munching on them when we're watching movies at home...along with these I'd get tofu - vegetable mix and salmon - vegetable mix as a healthier option.



Croquettes are another family favorite (above are ready-to-cook croquettes I baked). I'm really glad my kids enjoy eating potato based food and that they don't get tired of it. Potatoes are common in Austrian table as a sidedish (like Pommes Frites, Kartoffelsalat) or main meal (like Kartoffelgulasch). In the kindergarten, the kids eat them like 3-4 times a week...a friend's daughter actually stopped eating potatoes when she was six!

---


I got an award from Marelie!  Thank you so much!

Rules for accepting the award:
1. Post linking back to the person that gave you the award
2. Share 7 random things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered blogs
4. Drop them a note and tell them about it.


I haven't done award tags for like 2.5 years! ^_^ ThoughI've got some new blogging friends, 15 is still a big number. So for the random things...

1. I maintain 12 active blogs (you'll see 10 buttons on the footer of this blog).
2. I love all sorts of books and when there's a book bazaar I hoard! 5€ for 10 books is a steal! That buy would include classics and cookbooks. My favorite authors include the Bröntes, Austen, Murakami, Neruda, Dr. Ophelia Dimalanta, F. Sionil Jose and Dr. Cirilo Bautista.
3. I am a jack of all trades, master of one - photography. :)
4. I finished Journalism which explains why I journal all things around me...haha kidding, really since I chose to stay with the kids at this time, I am using my skills as a journalist to earn online.
5. I am purely Filipino with perhaps a pint of Spanish blood...I married a Singaporean-Filipino who my kids took on their facial traits.
6. I speak fluent Tagalog, English and German and am able to converse in Spanish too. I understand Japanese as well but speak it very sukoshi.
7. I'm a geography, history, travel, art, culture, language, architecture, mind games buff. 

I'm passing this award to:

Mommy Jes of Kitchen Explorers. She claims to be a noob in the kitchen but her posts prove otherwise.

Mei of Newlywed's Cravings. Her blog title should soon change to Newmomanddad, I guess...the preggy mom who always cooks food that makes me crave (she's in Japan, now at home for the baby's delivery).

I'd continue the award-giving (harhar)...for now I'm off to dreamland...


--a post for-

mommy jes  – (May 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM)  

wow mukhang masarap yan ah...:)

Stef  – (May 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM)  

Keanna loves potatoes too..I think I craved for french fries when I was pregnant of her. You know, "lihi". hehe.

3rd Little Pig  – (May 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM)  

wow, i love japanese food and those croquettes look really good! Happy YS! Visiting from http://www.3littlepigsonline.com/2011/05/yummy-sunday-a-mothers-day-treat/

TalisaChan  – (May 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM)  

delicious YS post :) Happy Sunday!

yagottaloveme  – (May 14, 2011 at 5:52 PM)  

croquettes look like a great snack for children! and of course the tempura too. Great YS!

Jenfamily  – (May 15, 2011 at 2:23 AM)  

hmmm yummy award.. i like it..

mine is up too... http://jenny-thewayfamilybe.blogspot.com/2011/05/yummy-sunday-yello-mango.html

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze  – (May 15, 2011 at 4:02 AM)  

yummy yummy and fast if you have no time or you aren´t in the mood for preparing... LG Tina

vernz  – (May 15, 2011 at 5:43 AM)  

wow, love those in sweet and sour sauce... yummy.. was here YS.. hope you can drop by.

Fex  – (May 16, 2011 at 5:35 AM)  

wow,...so yummy naman nito

raya  – (May 17, 2011 at 5:19 AM)  

yum! they look great and i'm sure tastes even better! thanks for the visit!

{cherry} Everyday  – (May 21, 2011 at 6:23 PM)  

kids always love any food they can hold. my kid loves chicken nuggets. that's the only thing she eats fast.

visiting late from Yummy Sunday:
http://www.cherryeveryday.com/2011/05/day-5-and-adobo/

Newlyweds  – (June 4, 2011 at 12:59 AM)  

finger food i love! especially healthy ones.. love it during our movies nights..yum yum!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors