Friends here and there have been getting bumps! Baby bumps, I mean. One is due in October and the other in April, the other; I think in 2 months.
All three of them have different preferences with food, different sensitivities and one or two might have deficiencies...Friend number one is diabetic so she has to be a little careful with what she eats as the sugar rises and lowers real fast. Second mom-to-be has always had problems with her reproductive system and it hasn't changed until now...She's expecting twins so she needs more nutrition now than ever. Third friend is also of the sensitive type and she still has a toddler to take care of...she and husband have been waiting for a baby the past 6 years and 2 came consecutively! Blessed!
Anyway, aside from maternity dresses/outfits that I could give I also have a few tips for them and for preggies out there, based on my experiences....three times into motherhood? Well, yes I'm qualified.
1. Carry a bottle of water everywhere even on the bed's sidetable at night.
2. Stack some pillow and put your feet up to avoid cramps, of course, you can always wake up the hubby and tell him to help you!
3. Walk lots for an exercise...
4. Avoid bananas...they make you constipated. Eat lots of other fruit that you aren't allergic to.
5. Ask your doctor for the best pre-natal vitamins and take them regularly...I suggest Iron (preggies tend to be anemic), Magnesium (to avoid cramps), vitamin C & E (for your hair, nail and skin)...of course there are those for the baby too, E.g. Folic etc.
6. Think happy thoughts...what you feel is surely felt by the little one too!
7. Lastly, listen to classical music or at least let the baby hear it...read to it and it will appreciate your effort years after. You'd be surprised what it can do to them too. :)