eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Lasang Pinoy Sundays - Bread

bready


 


Baking is really something I have to work on. If only I have half the enthusiasm of my kids, then this bread would have been perfect. I originally planned to just make the dough into shapes of pandesal but it was too sticky I decided it would be better with a muffin pan, but this is technically bread I assure you, flour and water, salt, fat and yeast with some other common ingredients: milk, egg. Sugar was supposed to be sprinkled on top.


 


bking


I had planned to bake Krapfen (or Berliner Pfannkuchen), a doughnut like bread with marmelde filling, much like Dunkin Donuts'  boston creme or eclairs...I have once or twice mentioned that there are no dunkin donuts  or any foodshop specializing on donut in this 'hima' city save for a few coffee shops that serves the same kinds of donuts for an unbelievable price of 1,29Euros (1.63$),! There is one bakeshop that sells 'dunked donuts' which is literally  coated with oozing, heavenly chocolate...too bad I need to travel 20+ minutes to be there...


brea


I guess this would have looked better when deep-fried than baked...oh well there's next time! Hope you enjoy the coming week!




Lasang Pinoy Sundays is a weekly GALLERY of the FILIPINO TASTE focusing on Food Photography.

miriam –   – (March 7, 2009 at 11:31 PM)  

love the foto of your kids baking. very heartwarming. the bread looks delicious, no matter it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to be.

iska  – (March 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM)  

I am a newbie in baking and need to go back doing some serious baking again....
Happy Sunday!

ces  – (March 8, 2009 at 1:42 AM)  

sounds delish to me, G!:) and that's a perfect family bonding time photo:)

luna miranda  – (March 8, 2009 at 7:32 AM)  

may 3 assistants ka pa (hehehe)...makes baking more fun! your bread looks good to me...love the golden color.

Lynn  – (March 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM)  

The kids look so at ease baking their bread. Right, this is a very good family bonding. :)

Jay  – (March 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM)  

isnt it lovely to see kidz on the kitchen?as for me i love kidz in the kitchen bcoz they mess around and an adult will shout on top of his/her lungs "dont play w/ your food!!!!!" hahahahahaha

hmm, mas mukhang masarap nga pag deep fried

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

julie  – (March 9, 2009 at 12:56 AM)  

Kids helping out in the kitchen is one way of having fun and teaching them about food :) Galing :)

Have a great week G :)

nobu –   – (March 9, 2009 at 1:19 AM)  

Looks delicious! It is really wondeful to bake breads with family.

Jescel  – (March 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM)  

this brought back memories to me. I enjoyed Krapfen when I was in Germany... ;oD

Pinky  – (March 10, 2009 at 7:19 PM)  

Cutie naman ni little boy mo - mukhang super enjoy siya baking! :) The finished products don't look half as bad either - "labors of love" ika nga, di ba? ;)

Enjoy the rest of the week, G!

Munchkin Mommy  – (March 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM)  

Uy, doesn't the Philippines have a Pinoy version of the doughnut? The deep fried ones? What's it called nga ba? Nakalimutan ko! Yung parang bicho pero bilog. Hee hee! I will try to bake real bread soon. Hindi na yung quick bread. :) Wish me luck!

crab cake recipe maryland  – (March 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM)  

yummy... thanks for your hints , i'd adore to follow your weblog as generally as i can.possess a wonderful day~~

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors