eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Lasang Pinoy Sundays - Finger Foods/Pica pica

This week's theme for Lasang Pinoy Sundays is Pica pica, finger food, perhaps appetizers or simply...food we eat with our hands!

Ham and Cheese sticks


This is my favorite past time food, yes 'past time' even though fried cheese can be high in cholesterol. Back in college, we love having this (sans the ham) along with footlong, sago and gulaman, and waffle on the streets (Dapitan!). I remember clearly it costs 2,50 for 5 pieces!


Vegetable nuggets

A spin-off of Chicken nuggets, I think, I buy this from the store and the kids like munching on them.

----

For the ham and cheese sticks, this is how I prepared it.


stix4 You'll need cheese, ham, lumpia wrapper. One egg, beaten.

stix3 Cut the cheese into thin slices and place it together with the ham inside the wrapper.

stix2 Fold them in like this and when you reach the middle fold the edges so that melted cheese won't come out of the wrapper (this happens a lot!)

stix1 Moisten the edge of the wrapper with egg and close by sticking it together.





Place the rolled ham and cheese sticks in a container and refrigerate before deep frying.

=)

chinois97  – (October 5, 2008 at 7:40 AM)  

I thought that was turon at first. But your ham and cheese stick is a good idea for our kids baon. I'll tell my wife to cook this sometime.

The veggie nuggets also look good. Good way to force kids to eat their veggies :)

agent112778  – (October 5, 2008 at 9:38 AM)  

ayyy, panalo ito, fave ko yung cheesyham lumpia :)

eto aken lahok

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

 gmirage  – (October 5, 2008 at 3:47 PM)  

Chin, baka lumambot yung wrapper pag baon =D True, they'd like the veggie nuggets...mejo napaitim lang an gluto ko and bumukas...but when cooked right it looks better.

Jay, magandang araw din sayo...high chol na naman food natin! =D

ces  – (October 5, 2008 at 8:08 PM)  

oooh! i miss cheese sticks! thanks for reminding me, i'll have to let the kids try it:)
spiCes is here

nobu  – (October 6, 2008 at 8:43 AM)  

Ham and chease are good combination.
The rapping is similar to Harumaki.

marlon  – (October 7, 2008 at 3:19 AM)  

talking about high school nostalgia. hehehe. i used to eat during my high school days. yummy!

jellybeanbastard  – (October 7, 2008 at 3:22 AM)  

i love that ham and cheese sticks. yummy!

~~louise~~  – (October 8, 2008 at 1:54 PM)  

GREAt idea, recipe and instructions! I can't wait to try them. Thank you so much for sharing...

~~louise~~  – (October 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM)  

It's me again. I just wanted to let you know I had to reload the page a few times because the image (password) didn't show. I couldn't find your email anywhere to let you know. Thank goodness I got through. LOVED the post, Louise

Munchkin Mommy  – (October 11, 2008 at 4:59 PM)  

uy, thanks for giving me the ham and cheese sticks idea! :D kokopyahin ko! ;)

~munchkin mommy~

faye  – (October 16, 2008 at 1:36 AM)  

so delicious!
im not abid fans of cheeze i ate cheeze but not often it depends on the taste.

passing here

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors