A mom's daily grind includes bringing the kids to school, going to the grocery store, cleaning up, washing and hanging the clothes out to dry, cooking, an online job if she's a WAHM, picking up the kids from school, helping with homework and finally cooking again. I didn't mention ironing the clothes because I somehow see others having to hire help for that!
Most of the time, speaking from experience, we run out of recipe ideas and even if the ingredients are all ready, we just can't get something out of them. Good thing there are a lot of recipes online to choose from...Before there were a lot cookbooks where us moms could choose a recipe or two, I still have a handful of them but I find Nigella's express meals easiest.
FOR THE DRESSING
350g (12oz) plain flour
75g (2 ½oz) granulated sugar
3 ½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp fine salt
750ml (1 ¼ pint) buttermilk
75g (2 ½oz) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for cooking
6 large organic eggs
250ml (½ pint) milk
maple syrup, warmed, for serving
1. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
2. Whisk together buttermilk, butter and eggs in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients.
4. Whisk to form a batter.
5. Cover batter and allow to sit overnight.
6. Heat griddle or non-stick pan and add some butter.
7. Add milk to batter to thin it to proper consistency.
8. Cook pancakes on griddle/pan, flipping when bubbles appear on non-cooked side.
9. Cook for 2 minutes once flipped.
10. Place on plate and serve with maple syrup.
Voila! That's Gwyneth in the kitchen for you.