eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Summer fest (food)




Every year, at the start of summer - this could be sometime between June 20-22 - the kindergarten where my son goes to organizes a Summerfest joined by the kids' families. We would pitch in food, drinks and tokens and then sing and eat - a bonding of sorts. Above would be apple cake, a variation of Apfelstrudel and cinnamon rolls...my favorite but I'd prefer cinnabon.

For this year, it's a bit nostalgic too as one of the pedagogues (Gabi) has to leave for another job. She's been one of the two who tapped my older son's potentials - to send him straight to grade 1 instead of a preparatory class. She recognized the inquiring attitude in him that's why she advised me to say no to preparatory class. She's also the one who requested for some puto. :)



These are the puto I baked, I tried coloring some with pink and they were the first to go when served. I'm sure the kids were the ones who took them. ;) See more puto photos here.

This year, the weather cooperated well, we were able to stay outside without rain or cold winds - it was pure sunshine so we stayed the whole time at the garden, the kids performed a special number about a caterpillar turning to a butterfly. We also gave Gabi potted plants and herbs for her garden! (I want all those that she got lol).


A regular in every summer fest - grilled sausages! Name it we got it! Bratwurst, Käsekrainer, Frankfurters, Berner Würstl and a lot more...but no, we don't have canned Vienna sausage. :D The other pedagogue's husband was kind enough to be in charge of this portable grill...we've been using this for 4 years now.

No rice served...just potato salad, macaroni salad and lots of condiments for the sausages. 


Summer fun! Tomorrow is the last day of school, I'd surely be having lots of time out with the kids! ;)


---
for:

lyzacruz88  – (June 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM)  

My son's favorite...cinnamon rolls! Heavenly!

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/06/ftf-anniversary-celebration.html

C5 @ Colors & Styles  – (June 30, 2011 at 2:56 PM)  

I like cinnamon rolls too (even without the rolls...I used to put cinnamon with my coffee)!

tejan  – (June 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM)  

ahehhe..ka cute sa pink na puto..I remember I had like that:)

visiting from PF..see yha gizelle!

SHY  – (June 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM)  

Can Ihave sa cinamon rolls, it look so yummy..

Clavel  – (June 30, 2011 at 10:44 PM)  

I love Puto! save some for me.. mine is here: http://clavsupclose.blogspot.com/2011/06/pink-friday-pink-cake.html
clavs

Vernz  – (June 30, 2011 at 11:18 PM)  

OMG, ginutum akong bigla.. hahaha.. yumminess :) was here for the puto lol...

jellybelly  – (July 1, 2011 at 1:43 AM)  

Me too I love cinnamon rolls!

Unknown  – (July 1, 2011 at 1:54 AM)  

dami foods, kaka hungry! hehehe

Happy Friday :)

here's mine:

http://vhen.blogspot.com/2011/07/stir-fried-noodles-and-siomai.html

hope to see you, thanks!

Oggi  – (July 1, 2011 at 6:21 AM)  

Sarap! Oh yeah, it's barbecue time.:)

Walang Vienna sausage, heehee.

kat-in-the-kitchen  – (July 1, 2011 at 7:19 AM)  

i love cinnammon, cinnabon too...yum yum..was hee for ftf.

Unknown  – (July 1, 2011 at 9:58 AM)  

sounds like a lot of fun, this Summer Fest. the grilled sausages got me thinking--i should grill some this Sunday.:p

Cheerful  – (July 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM)  

sounds fun and a great day! i love those cinnamon rolls, my fave! have a great weekend! :)

nuts  – (July 2, 2011 at 8:51 AM)  

I'm drooling over with your salad here! my favorite!

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze  – (July 2, 2011 at 4:07 PM)  

Good shots! Would be perfect for next weeks *PicStory*. If you like... :)

Keanna  – (July 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM)  

All of my favorites po Tita G. Waah ! Yummy!
HERE is my PF entry. Thank you and see you po!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors