eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Moist Cupcakes @McCafe



Whenever I crave for French macarons but I don't have the lust to make them at home, I run to the nearest McCafe....which is fortunately 2 bus stations away from where we live. These almond treats (not coconuts, those are macaroons) have become our favorite and I'm starting to master it at home albeit tedious and the chance to be successful is, let's say, only 40%! The most favorite would be lemon and strawberry and those two are also what I've been mastering.

One Friday afternoon, the kids and I agreed to drop by and have tea and milk, desserts included. We were surprised about the new addition to macarons, brownies and cookies, there's this moist looking cupcake being sold at 1.69€ (2.45$). 


Curiosity got the better of me, I really liked how they used baking paper as cupcake tins. ^_^ I got me one plus two macarons each for the boys (sold at 0.89cents = 1.29$). I've had some of their cakes before and their definitely not for my sweet tongue because german/austrian desserts tend to be sour compared to ours. 

Though the Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (Black Forest Cherry cake) is a german original, I prefer our version; not too much kirschwater that destroys the sweetness of the cake.

So moist! Like devil's foodcake in a bite! The frosting was also tasty complementing the cake base so well. I surely found something to look forward to when I visit back....I do hope that I find a recipe for a cupcake as moist and soft as this. I've got a cupcake recipe that I plan to modify a bit...but that would have to wait for now. (I'm transferring my other blog.)


Oh, I'm not the only one who enjoys McCafe, the kids get free hot milk all the time and if the server is nice, he or she would put some chocolate on top!

McCafe Vienna
----

FTFBadge

Anonymous –   – (May 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM)  

Hmmmnnn..these cherry cake and macaroons are so inviting..I feel like I want them too..and the lovely kids..yes! guapo at maganda.

Stef  – (May 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM)  

We had Japanese cakes today which I think is somewhat similar to macarons. Cute Daniel with pretty Ate AB! =)

Dhemz  – (May 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM)  

ayay! ang sarap naman....penge! thanks for dropping by!

unknown specimen  – (May 6, 2011 at 10:39 AM)  

those are drool-worthy, sana may ganyan din dito sa pinas!

January Zelene  – (May 6, 2011 at 3:23 PM)  

wow so cute and yummy..

Hope you can come and visit my Food Trip Friday too.

darly  – (May 6, 2011 at 5:58 PM)  

those black forest cherry cake looks really yummy, id look up the recipe and try making one myself. This is what i love about McCafe's, they've got great selection of sweets and at a very affordable price, the coffee tastes superb too.

have a blastful weekend, and hope you check out my entry here too.
Food and Passion
I Love Darly!

MoM from Manila  – (May 7, 2011 at 2:31 AM)  

the chocolate cupcakes looks really sinful...the macaroons are adorable, wish I could make them.

visiting you from FTF, hope you can drop by My Cupcakes Galore

Cheerful  – (May 7, 2011 at 4:33 AM)  

i love french macaroons and that moist cupcakes really looks delicious! beautiful kids and happy mother's day! have a great weekend!

i♥pinkc00kies  – (May 7, 2011 at 6:16 AM)  

sana may ganyan sa mccafe sa manila.

Anonymous –   – (May 8, 2011 at 1:25 AM)  

wow, the McCafe in Manila isn't so impressive. Maybe someday they will be!
Thanks so much for dropping by Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews!
I'm definitely your new reader and I hope you'll drop by again soon!♥

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors