eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Gerstner Konditorei


My son is in love with macarons. Whenever we're out he would request for some. He loves the lemon-flavored ones in particular but he'll eat strawberry or chocolate just the same.

Saturday before Kuya O went back to Japan he met with us and took us to a Konditorei (pastry shop) in the middle of the city, Gerstner. IT was where I first got acquainted with macarons years ago. Shortly after I arrived in the city hubby tour me around and we end up at Gerstner and got my first macaron :D it was love at first bite...then, I only got my daughter in tow. :)  I seldom got the chance to get back and my attempt to make macarons where perhaps 1 out of 10! :(

Gerstner is popular to locals and tourists alike. After shopping, one can get a good cup of coffee, a cupcake or a slice of cake and of course, macarons. At first bite of their macaron, you'll know your having the best...theirs is of course a legend in Vienna...the creation of sweetness dates back as far as 1847 when Anton Gerstner founded his confectionery. 

He became the official caterer (of sweets) to many of the Hapsburgs and other known figure in history, delivering his "creations" so to speak  to the the Imperial Palace, The Belvedere and the Schönbrunn Palace among others. Most notable would be their 53rd time in 2009 as caterer for the Viennese State Opera's yearly Opernball (Opera Ball). A real darling of the elite.

Thank God that even though I'm not one of the elites I was able to taste their macarons and Apfelstrudel. The place could be a bit crowded on Saturdays but you'll enjoy it just the same.

If you happen to come by the city, let me know and I'll treat you to a cup of cappucino. ;)







Happy Anniversary fellow foodies!







Gerstner Catering Betriebs GmbH

Kärntner Straße 13 – 15, 1010 Vienna
Tel.: +43 1 743 44 22
Fax: +43 1 743 44 22-7818
Email: gerstner(at)gerstner.at


---
---
Join us!



--



--

Cheerful  – (April 7, 2011 at 10:07 AM)  

looks really delicious and i love those macaroons, too! lucky we have some here! anyway, please visit me and get your slice of almond chocolate cake! happy Friday! :)

maiylah  – (April 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM)  

been wanting to try those for ages!!!

really? pag pupunta ako dyan you'll treat me? sana di lang cappucino...lol. thanks, G. i'll keep that in mind; err, in my dreams. ;)

maiylah  – (April 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM)  

pahabol: same camera pa rin gamit ko dun sa FF post (and the header) ko, G. gamit ko lang dun sa post ung template from kumareng FC. :P

Unknown  – (April 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM)  

i love the photo of your little boy with his favorite macaroons.:p i can see the delight in his smile.

Tara  – (April 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM)  

Oh, how i'd love to get another bite of those french macarons...they are so lovely and awesome. And oh, the cappuccino goes well with it huh?

lyzacruz88  – (April 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM)  

i'm craving for macaroons now hehe...

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/04/ftf-11-blushing-cupcakes.html

January Zelene  – (April 8, 2011 at 4:24 AM)  

i want a capuccino..:)

Don’t forget to visit My Food Trip Friday wink*

gengen  – (April 8, 2011 at 5:57 AM)  

Wow what a foodie.. Happy FTF!

Chubskulit Rose  – (April 8, 2011 at 5:58 AM)  

He is having fun with his treAT!


Spice Up Your Life, have a lovely weekend!

Four-eyed-missy  – (April 8, 2011 at 6:49 AM)  

G, I believe I haven't met a macaron yet, macaroons lang tee-hee-hee. It kinda looks like a meringue but not quite - I wonder how it tastes though. Basta ha, pag naligaw ako sa Vienna, I will surely remind you of your capuccino and macaron offer!

Have a great weekend. Pilyong-pilyo ang ngiti ng iyong little boy!

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥  – (April 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM)  

Voting is now open ,so please invite your friends to vote for your post entry. Good Luck and Thanks!!!!

Stef  – (April 9, 2011 at 7:54 AM)  

Keanna and I love the custard flavored mare. Hmmm!

nuts  – (April 10, 2011 at 2:40 AM)  

wow, i love your cappucino. btw, I'm your newest follower!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors