eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Naruto Kamaboko

.


When Kuya O arrived 2 months ago he gave me Kamaboko packs as presents from Japan. Kamaboko is a type of cured surimi (imitation crab/fish) or processed white fish...I like putting them in soups and yakisoba.  He got me aka (red) and shiro (white) plus the rarely found in Vienna, naruto - it means swirl, yes the food where the Ninja character  Uzumaki Naruto was named after. If you are watching that anime you will notice the pink swirl below in many of the costumes worn by the characters,it is in reference to "naruto."

For the naruto kamaboko, I used them with a favorite soup at home, crab and corn. I also made use of them as side dishes in a ramen recipe which I will post later on. If you want a recipe for this crab and corn soup, please click here.

naruto

--Join---

A Little Knick Knack

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥  – (March 31, 2011 at 12:27 PM)  

Pwede din siguro deep fried parang fish ball yan ,noh?

 gmirage  – (March 31, 2011 at 12:32 PM)  

Mommy Will, hindi ko pa natry...pero sa yakisoba stir fry lang ok naman sya...hindi lang pabilog :)

Jean  – (March 31, 2011 at 1:08 PM)  

the pattern looks like swiss rolls hehe


Have a nice day! =)

My latest post:
Malacca Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball

lyzacruz88  – (March 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM)  

great foodie...Happy FTF :)

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/03/ftf-pork-and-chicken-adobo-w-liver.html

Chubskulit Rose  – (March 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM)  

Looks tasty, parang gusto ko yung soup!

Spice Up Your Life with beef and mushroom!

Newlyweds  – (March 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM)  

heheh, cutie ang naruto noh.. love the soup!

Nick Ballesteros  – (April 1, 2011 at 1:37 AM)  

Hmmm... I wonder if the International section of the grocery store here has this...

jerellt  – (April 1, 2011 at 7:27 AM)  

I have always wondered what it is. Now I know it's kamaboko :)

corbitoness  – (April 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM)  

Hindi ba siya malangsa since it's made of processed fish> I've been seeing it in bento menus and it made me curious.

My Food Trip Friday entry: Lunch at Chowking

a joyful noise  – (April 1, 2011 at 6:02 PM)  

Fish is what I order when we eat out, because my husband will not allow me to cook fish at home.
Your fish dish sounds delicious and the soup with corn also would be a nice treat. Thank you for sharing these interesting recipes.

Unknown  – (April 2, 2011 at 4:08 AM)  

i didn't know this is called naruto.:p
been eating this ingredient, ngayon ko ang nalaman ang pangalan. hehe thanks, G.

Anonymous –   – (April 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM)  

I love kamaboko rolls *w*.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors