eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Fruit Smoothie

berries


Strawberries are in season again. Well, they never are out of season only at this time they are redder and sweeter. I got me a pack from the grocery last Friday and forgot about them when I came home. :D I planned to make something of a cake base with gelatine and strawberries on top but was too lazy that I ended up with this Smoothie.

Trouble was, I can't find a part of our blender when I was preparing so I had to improvise. ;) I don't have yoghurt  so i scratched it off. I put an overriped  banana in the fridge and used it as 'replacement' for ice cubes. I used a regular mixer and thank goodness the contents didn't get wild: thrown all-over the kitchen.

So voila! I therefore conclude that from strawberries and a frozen banana and some milk, you can make your own healthy smoothie in a few minutes. Remember smoothies are a great source of fiber and vitamin C and is a good antioxidant as well...



smoothie

Note:

For a basic (and real) smoothie, use -
# 1/2 to 1 cup fruit
# 1 cup plain or fruit yogurt
# 1/2 cup fruit juice
# about 4 ice cubes
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process on high until the ice is completely crushed and the drink is smooth and creamy.


---

Posted for:

rubytuesday

--

Join us by clicking the badge!

Sidney  – (April 18, 2010 at 11:57 PM)  

That is what I need right now !
Looks delicious !

lynda howells  – (April 19, 2010 at 11:08 AM)  

Woww..lots of wonderful reds and l LOVE strawberries.xxhappy Ruby Tuesdayxlynda

lynda howells  – (April 19, 2010 at 11:10 AM)  

left a message before but doesn't seem to be here..so will try again..woe..what a lot of wonderful red and strawberrie, which l lovexx happy ruby tuesdayx lynda

Willa  – (April 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM)  

Banana & Strawberry is also our favorite Smoothie flavor, hubs love to do it from scratch :)

felisol  – (April 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM)  

I've actually never hear of using frozen bananas before. By us the bananas often go over ripe. Be sure I will freeze them and squeeze them.
Thank you for this good idea.

nice A  – (April 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM)  

I love strawberries whether fresh, flavored in ice-cream, cake, puree, or shake.
Mine is http://iexplorethailand.blogspot.com/2010/04/ruby-antiques.html

TheCunningRunt  – (April 19, 2010 at 7:17 PM)  

Dang, it's late, and now I'm hungry again!

:)

Carletta  – (April 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM)  

That looks so DELICIOUS! My mouth is watering.

In response to your question if the turkeys in my yard were noisy - only the male gobbles during mating season. We hear them off in the woods sometimes but in the yard I don't know they are there until I see them.
Thanks for your visit.

Raven  – (April 20, 2010 at 7:57 AM)  

Looks wonderful. I enjoyed your preparation description too! Happy Ruby Tuesday.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors