eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Food Friday - Orange-y Duck!


My kiddos love duck, feeding live ones and eating the meat itself :D well, not necessarily the ones they fed though.

When we opt for Chinese delivery on those lazy nights, I make sure duck is included in the menu but now, I can cook duck meat at home thanks to frozen, boneless duck meat sold in the market. At 8euros per pack (10.03$, good for a family of 5) we can enjoy duck dishes with less fat!

I placed the flavored (salt and pepper only) duck meat on an aluminum foil and secure the sides so the juice stays as a marinade then baked it for around 30 minutes. I removed the meat from the foil while I transferred the juice to a small pan, added some sugar then combined with juices of 2 oranges. I heated this sauce up a little then poured over meat, you'll never go wrong with this combo!


Join us in this meme:

maiylah  – (February 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM)  

that looks really yummy, G! sigurado akong maraming rice ang makakain ko pag ganyan ang ulam! lol.

appreciate your playing again, sis!
Happy FF

abll  – (February 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM)  

Funny.. while reading the post, I was already thinking "that looks really yummy!" and when I scrolled down, I saw the same line from Maiylah!

This reminded me of the "Pekeng" duck dish I made for New Year's eve. Peke because it's really fake. Hahah! I'll blog about it soon. Ciao!

Unknown  – (February 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM)  

been a while since i've eaten duck. your duck dish looks delish!

iska  – (February 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM)  

I haven't tried cooking duck before but I love duck dishes. Makes me think I need to start soon...

Zeee  – (February 12, 2009 at 10:05 PM)  

Oh my G! That is yummy, indeed! Healthy too!

Serving my Valentine's Day themed Food Friday here

Liz  – (February 13, 2009 at 1:30 AM)  

I love it when fruits are mixed with the dishes. I like the hint of sweetness. This one looks yummy!

Mommy's Little Corner

agent112778  – (February 13, 2009 at 10:19 AM)  

i tried deep-fried duck once and its good but not that great.but yours realy taste great even on pix alone :D i hope i can try that one too

my entry is here

Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)
Thanx for the Visit :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors