eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Liver Steak

Following the post about Menudo is another dish with liver....

I grew up not liking liver (big chunks that is). Since Menudo has liver on it, it wasn't always a favorite dish of mine...I am not fond of picking out the liver and putting them on the side of my plate. Ironically, liver spread, particularly Reno brand is my favorite sandwich spread. =)

The reason why I started cooking liver dishes is so my sickly son could benefit from the iron it richly contains.


To prepare this dish, I marinate the liver overnight so the flavor can be absorbed well. Though the preparation takes a day, cooking time is short.

Ingredients:

Liver, cut into thin strips
soy sauce
lemon juice
pepper
onion, cut into rings
oil



How to:

1. In a small container, combine soy sauce enough to marinate the liver, add lemon juice (according to taste) and season with pepper. Keep refrigerated until you want to cook them and make sure each strip is soaked with the mixture.

2. (When you decide to cook the liver), heat a little oil in a deep pan, cut onions into rings leaving a few to be chopped. Saute the smaller pieces of onion on oil.

3. When onion turns transparent, drop in the liver strips one by one. Cook one side for a few minutes then turn.


4. Add the onion rings and mix them well with the liver.

5. Pour the soy sauce mixture and cover, turn off stove but leave the pan on stove to soften the onions.

6. Best served with rice... (yet I forgot to include rice)


Gita Asuncion  – (August 22, 2008 at 4:41 PM)  

i love liver steak! your recipe looks divine!
ang steaks ko naman, i toss the liver chunks in butter after marinating. the rare-er, the better, hehehe... aswang ba! hahaha...
kaso, di mahilig si mon eh. so tagal ko nang wala nito...
thanks for sharing!

nobu  – (August 22, 2008 at 5:22 PM)  

I love liver steak too.
I think onion and liver is good combination!!

jellybeanbastard  – (August 23, 2008 at 7:16 AM)  

i'm not a fan of liver but i liver spreads only with the name of Reno in it. hehehe masarap sila sa mainit na pandesal.

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious  – (August 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM)  

wow, that looks yummy! but too bad i dun like liver. :)

iska  – (August 23, 2008 at 4:41 PM)  

OH I love liver steak! Too bad my boys don't like it I seldom cook it...

 gmirage  – (August 25, 2008 at 3:50 PM)  

Hmm Doc, try ko din yan, kasi para ibang luto naman for charlie, hindi sha magsawa =D Thanks too!

 gmirage  – (August 25, 2008 at 3:50 PM)  

Nobu. yes, to point it out I love onions lol!

 gmirage  – (August 25, 2008 at 3:52 PM)  

Lilix, pwede na din papal lang =) Masarap din yun sa caldereta!

Jean, like I said I dont like it before but learned to when I started cooking it...if not, you can always have the liver spread =)

Iska, yeah kids nowadays are a little picky...thanks for dropping by!

maiylah  – (August 25, 2008 at 5:39 PM)  

i love eating them, specially if the slices are thin ... :)
yummy ....

Oggi  – (August 26, 2008 at 5:12 AM)  

I have never cooked liver, nobody will eat it in my house except me.:)

My Mom used to forced us kids to eat liver for the same reason you have... my older sister was sickly then.

The dish looks delicious specially with the onions.

Blogalag  – (August 26, 2008 at 11:11 PM)  

i don't know why but I don't like liver. I tried eating it several times but I can't seem to get around the texture. I will try once more kasi natatakam ako sa photos mo. :-)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors