eFaucets-Brand-468x60

To market, to market

Market = Markt pronounced Mart (German)

The Naschmarkt, Vienna, Austria (Photos taken on July 26,2007, please click to enlarge)

- 2nd district of Vienna near the Karlsplatz station (U4, U2, U1 train lines).



A Fruit stand proudly displays its fresh produce. -Austria's Best wine, so they say.





A meat shop plus more! - Sausages! -not the Vienna sausage in can. =)





My son, picking some fruits. - Ala Tiangge, Asian bags, sarong.





A Philippine Tamaraw coin which costs 40 euros when its originally 200 pesos only, too bad about the photo though, sorry. - My son sitting in front of a nut and seeds shop.


This market is a little far from where we live so I buy lots when I get the time to visit, buy mostly fish here, for sushi. The vegetables are really cheaper than those in the groceries and they'd give you discounts too.

The market also has lots of restaurant from Viennese to Japanese, breads to fishes, really lots to choose from. We frequent the Tokori restaurant were many pinoys are crew.

To market, to market will be showcasing other markets that people who love to cook frequent. Click here to see more.

I suddenly remembered that my very first post here is about a market too. =)

A Scientist in the Kitchen  – (February 29, 2008 at 3:25 AM)  

Wow, I could go for all the sausages over there. Thanks for joining!

 gmirage  – (February 29, 2008 at 3:28 AM)  

Can't wait to see the other entries Gay. Come on over and I'll make you a bavarian breakfast (no expert though)...I hope a sausage and some side veggies is ok hehe.

Thistlemoon  – (February 29, 2008 at 7:44 AM)  

That looks like a wonderful Market, Gizelle! I love the sausages too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 gmirage  – (February 29, 2008 at 9:46 AM)  

Thanks too jenn! Our streets are not as wide as yours though, it gets cramped at times =) Good day!

Oggi  – (February 29, 2008 at 1:33 PM)  

I'm also wondering why those tiny sausages are called Vienna.:D

I like the photo of you son at the nuts and seeds shop.

I enjoy shopping at the farmers' markets but they close during the winter. I should remember to take photographs when they open for business this spring.

 gmirage  – (February 29, 2008 at 1:52 PM)  

Hmm, the same with Wiener Oggi =D I think. Funny thing, we here call them frankfurters (don't you too?) And in Germany they call it Wiener... Frankfurt is a town in Germany while Wien (Vienna) is the capital of Austria.

The Naschmarkt is open all year which is a good thing...make full use of your wonderful camera! I'd love to see your shots as always,thanks.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors