eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Pesto alla genovese


Whenever I eat pesto (alla genovese in particular) I'm reminded of a friend who loves this italian dish. We both love food, the difference is she still maintains her 23-inch waistline...yes, it's true and no I won't divulge mine lol.

Pesto is a sauce originating in Genoa in the Liguria region of northern Italy hence the name, pesto alla genovese. The name is the contracted past participle of the Genoese word pestâ (Italian: pestare), which means to pound, to crush, in reference to the sauce's crushed herbs and garlic. This same Latin root through Old French also gave rise to the English word pestle.

There are now many variations chefs and homamakers all over the world has developed but I guess it would always remain unique especially to my kids...it's pasta with an odd green sauce. :)



---
Join us!


--

maiylah  – (January 28, 2011 at 2:05 AM)  

hubby's not so much into pesto or cream based pastas...same with my youngest (they both prefer tomato-based). though the eldest and i share the love for pesto and cream based pastas! LOL :D

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥  – (January 28, 2011 at 6:57 AM)  

My little brain is always confused with Pesto and Pasta, most of the time na pe Peste ako, lol!
Happy Weekend!!!

Madz  – (January 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM)  

So far I have not tasted any good pesto pasta. I must be eating at the wrong places. Can I have a bite? :)

Unknown  – (January 28, 2011 at 11:16 AM)  

this looks so deliciously creamy. we all love pesto at home. 23" ang waistline? di yan tao! LOL

Four-eyed-missy  – (January 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM)  

I lol-ed at Willa's comment!
I used to be aversed with that strange green pasta sauce but having been to an Italian restaurant here in Phnom Penh, I swear, instant convert akong bigla. Love the photo, sisG. The pesto sauce looks so rich... I can almost taste it.

Happy FTF and enjoy your weekend.

We Ate This!

missp  – (January 29, 2011 at 3:52 AM)  

i love pasta with pesto...but being a Pinay who loves rice, i tried rice with pesto, cucumber and a sunnyside up egg n top? i tell you, it's like cloud nine!!!

Clarissa  – (January 31, 2011 at 2:48 PM)  

hayzz..di ko yata naranasang magkaroon ng 23 inch na waistline?(wag ka ng magtanong kung bakit lol)Haven't tried pasta with a green sauce--siguro it's time na rin to try some other sauces over my pasta for a change.Love your foodie presentation! ^_^

Hello dear!Forgive my late visit ha--medyo busy ang lola mo(T_T)and thanks for always dropping by^_^

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors