eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Köttbular (Swedish Meatballs)


As mentioned from last week's post, Ikea's famous dish can now be bought from their food section. A pack of 50-60 pieces meatballs, 2 packs of ready-mix sauce and a jar of lingonberry jam costs 8,90Euro (reduced from 12). Ate (older sister) M bought a set and gave me some of the meatballs which I served with potato and the lingonberry jam I still have at home.


There is a recipe I got somewhere and has been following it before when I hadn't  known yet that Köttbular can be bought from Ikea. Please click here to view the recipe.


----


rubytuesday

--

Join us by clicking the badge!

felisol  – (January 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM)  

Nutmeg and ginger are essential spices in Norwegian kjöttkaker (meatballs). The real work is stirring the mix until it becomes sticky and not falls apart when cooking. (My mother used to do that by hand).
Homemade meatballs are always better than the ones you buy.

Yoshi  – (January 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM)  

I used to live in Umeå for 5 years (2004-2009) and went shopping at Ika Maxi where we bought meatballs quite often!! This entry reminded me of our life there.
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful meatball dish!

Jenn  – (January 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM)  

Very interesting... what could be a good alternative for the lingonberry jam? Parang wala nyan dito sa Pinas. :)

Thanks for joining Weekend Eating, G!

riz  – (January 3, 2011 at 11:49 PM)  

that lingonberry jam looks tempting:)

riz  – (January 3, 2011 at 11:52 PM)  

loved mashed potatoes...the trio looks aesthetic and yummy:)

imriz  – (January 3, 2011 at 11:53 PM)  

thanks for sharing the recipes...dunno anything about swedish foodie:)

Gattina  – (January 4, 2011 at 12:30 AM)  

Each time I go to Ikea in Brussels, I have of course these meatballs ! But I am far too lazy to do them myself, lol !

EG Wow, Canada  – (January 4, 2011 at 7:20 AM)  

OOPS! I think I left my comment in the wrong place, so here it is again:

I would LOVE to know what lingonberry jam tastes like! Next time I'm close to an IKEA (there are 2 IKEAs in the Toronto area) I will have to stop in.

Ilana-Davita  – (January 4, 2011 at 9:21 AM)  

I love meatballs! I feel hungry now.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors