eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Truffles cake


"There are two types of people who eat truffles: those who think truffles are good because they are dear and those who know they are dear because they are good." - J.L. Vaudoyer

---


I've always complained how bland the cakes here in Vienna are. Well those that I bought from the nearby store anyway. I haven't tried the ones from the Konditorei (pastry shop) because they don't look that attractive to me. lol. I guess I haven't had the chance to meet the best pastry chef in town yet. So whenever we wanted cakes we order from a Filipina baker who mostly do ube cakes. Her brazo de mercedes filled with either ube or langka is a family favorite but you know each roll costs 15 euros (20$)! So I can't really have them anyday...especially the ube chiffon cake, a 30 x 30cm costs 60euros (83$)!







--


Yesterday, the kids and I saw this dome cake from another store, I really miss that Selecta chocolate truffles ice cream from Pinas so I bought this one to somehow ease my craving. Turns out this is one of the better store-cakes in this bit-of-a-boring city! The kids (all 3) and I ate this in one sitting lol....oh it was about 12 inches in size! :D



Join us!





PinayMum  – (October 21, 2010 at 4:51 PM)  

looks so delicious...now makes me crave for it early in the morning here! :) happy ftf!

maiylah  – (October 21, 2010 at 7:07 PM)  

looks yummy...is that ice cream inside? thanks for reminding me to buy one of those special selecta ice creams again. it's about time! LOL

Nathalie –   – (October 21, 2010 at 11:13 PM)  

truffles, ice cream and cake = all delicious, all good, all precious

Thanks for the reminder!

If you have time, do drop by:

Red Mango - Indulge

Halie's Kitchen

vernz  – (October 22, 2010 at 12:30 AM)  

can't afford, nyahehehe... but tried once ... yummyness at its best ...

lani  – (October 22, 2010 at 6:28 AM)  

Yum! sarap naman ;) Happy Weekend!

Mumsified  – (October 22, 2010 at 7:58 AM)  

whoa! i think i can eat it in one sitting too. me alone. lol!

Oggi  – (October 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM)  

Wow, it looks delicious! Truffle cake, how can it be not yummy?;p

Cecile  – (October 22, 2010 at 2:34 PM)  

yum, this is a great dessert, patikim nga...pls.

nedekcir  – (October 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM)  

Whew, that's expensive...I can't afford it...ha ha ha. $80 for a cake, is it for 200 people?...:)) (can u tell i'm cheapo)

Thank you for stopping by my entry. Have a great weekend.

Dj Marinas  – (October 22, 2010 at 7:08 PM)  

i love the chocolate truffles ice cream from selecta and seeing your entry makes me want some now!

barbs  – (October 22, 2010 at 7:45 PM)  

saraaaap!! hehehe :D mouth-watering!!

Madz  – (October 23, 2010 at 9:09 AM)  

That cake looks so sinfully sweet. For someone living in the Philippines, I haven't tried Selecta's Choco truffles ice cream yet, haha, must mean I need to buy one soon.

I think I'll like it there in Vienna, I don't like my desserts overly sweet. ;)

Arlene  – (October 24, 2010 at 5:17 AM)  

am really drooling now that ive seen it again close-up. :) i can taste the sweetness of the chocolate on my lips. hmmmm yummmm so yummy!

thanks for playing along, Gizelle!

MommyLES –   – (October 25, 2010 at 1:10 AM)  

i love this chocolate.

newlyweds  – (October 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM)  

sweet treat that i really cant resist! waah!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors