eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Teppanyaki at Home





A week ago I bought a teppanyaki grill plate (redundant) at a nearby store, it was only 20euros. I had for a long time wanted to buy one but the prices of those I scouted were over my budget range so when I saw this on an ad, I grabbed one. And its really worth buying one. Same food at Japanese food houses at home, at a cheaper price!

The word "teppanyaki" is derived from teppan (鉄板), which means iron plate, and yaki (焼き), which means grilled.







Some ingredients for teppanyaki but not limited to are beef, shrimp, chicken and assorted vegetables.

Here, I even included corn (lol). Which was not really as good as charcoal grilled corn.

(Corn, bratwurst, pork marinated in curry, paprika slices).



Soybean oil is typically used to cook the ingredients but I use bacon instead.


(Bacon, zucchini, chicken slices, paprika slices, unflavored beef).




Hubby prefers pouring soy sauce on the beef, he likes burned soy sauce (huh?)
Now I only need to learn how to make okonomiyaki and the perfect yakisoba that hubby likes.

nina  – (May 1, 2008 at 9:40 AM)  

Uy, that looks interesting ah! So is that grill parang yung mga stove top grill? Hmmm, masubukan nga!

 gmirage  – (May 1, 2008 at 1:44 PM)  

OO nina, not in he middle of the table nga lang...portable na! hehe.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors