eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Veggie mix


I don't exactly know what we in the Philippines call this dish. Everytime I am able to buy quail eggs, which is: rarely...I make this simple veggie mix with shrimp. Quail eggs are available at Asia shops, and I also saw a store in Naschmarkt selling them.


Ingredients:

Cooking oil
Quail eggs
onion
carrots
chayote (kohlrabi) or turnip
Shelled shrimps
brocolli
Ajinomoto ginisa flavor mix (also available at Asia shops) - could be substituted with Vegeta
water


How to:



1. In a pot, boil the quail eggs. Do not overcook. Cut up and wash the vegetables.



2. In a pan, heat cooking oil and saute onions. Drop carrots and chayote when the onions are transparent enough.



3. Put in the shrimps and cover. Remove the shells from the quail eggs.



4. Throw in brocolli and quail eggs in the pan, season with ajinomoto flavor mix or vegeta and a little water. Cover, turn off stove and let the veggies cook on still-hot stove. ;-)

Unknown  – (January 30, 2008 at 3:46 PM)  

mmm....bea and i would eat that dish with gusto! bea is a shrimp-head and she also loves broccoli (yup, spelled with double C...hehe). we'd make a similar dish (though with cauliflower) and we'd just call it chopsuey. hehe.

hey, G, i'll share a recipe with you that uses kohlrabi. it's my vietnamese spring rolls that i learned from my vietnamese classmates when i was in germany. will PM it to you soon! :)

 gmirage  – (January 30, 2008 at 9:22 PM)  

haha Joy, I always misspell broccoli *sigh* but if you'd look at my other entries I spelled it right =D I think too this is a version of chopseuy but I cook chopseuy with cauliflower, bell peppers, celery and more gulay...this one konti lang.

Ok thanks for the recipe, I'll wait na lang...I'll leave the brocolli spelling here as is to remind me lol. Thanks for dropping by!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors