eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Mochi mochi! (read like moshi mosh!)

(I already ate some when I took this shot, lol-can't resist!)

I was so ecstatic receiving this "pasalubong" from Senpai (sort of) from Japan. Kuya O came to Vienna to do some research and I am really ecstatic to have someone like him. I can't remember when was the last time I had an intelligent conversant around. ;) Before coming to Vienna he asked me what I want for pasalubong and I can't really tell him what since I have a lot in my head...I asked for Naruto Kamaboko which is not that easy to bring because it should be frozen...he anyway brought me some!!! (Awesome!) Along with it he brought this big mochi package....yaaay! (I would have loved the Hoshi No Ojisama/Little Prince but asked too late, lol.)

I found a new colorful subject for food photography! :) These treats are as yummy as they look! I love the green tea flavor best! Mochi is Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice pounded into paste and molded into shape. In Japan it is traditionally made in a ceremony called mochitsuki. The rectangular version reminds me of tikoy which is also a favorite! (Coincidentally, I remember them now that it's the Chinese NY.)

Orange and Pistachio
---
 Macha/Green tea

Sakura and Kuri (Cherry and Chestnut)



Ohagi,similar to mochi and are covered with sweet beans, sesame, or so on. The name, ohagi, came from autumn flower, hagi (bush clover).The most popular ohagi topping is anko (sweet azuki beans) as anko is often used in Japanese sweets. Another popular topping is sesame. Black sesame seeds are used for ohagi topping. Also, soybean flour called kinako is used for the topping. Azuki beans, sesame seeds, and kinako flour are all nutritious, so ohagi can be good sweets for you.
---

Looking at these photos again make me wanna eat everything in the box...but happiness is sometimes sweeter with a bit of patience...so yeah, I'll wait until tomorrow hihi.

---
Join us!



--

maiylah  – (February 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM)  

interesting sweets, G!
mukhang masarap lahat, pero di nalang ako hihingi kasi am sure ubos na yan by tomorrow! hehehe... ;)

Guiltless Grub  – (February 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM)  

oh wow, how colorful and looks like they're so yummy! never tried them yet though...

Anonymous –   – (February 3, 2011 at 1:14 PM)  

wow, thanks for sharing.
mine is up!
happy ftf

Cacai M.  – (February 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM)  

Wow.. sarap naman.. interesting indeed! Yummm!
Thanks for sharing! :-)

Here's my Food Trip this Friday: Guava

See yah.. ;)

lyzacruz88  – (February 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM)  

I heard about these from friends...I'm just curious...para ba siyang buchi? happy FTF!

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/02/food-trip-friday-tagaytay-weekend.html

Clarissa  – (February 3, 2011 at 5:16 PM)  

wweeehhh!!A lot of omiyagee!!I can see na mahilig ka nga sa mochi,Mommy G. So cya pala yun!Buti na lang nadalhan ka nya ng naruto kamaboko^_^

btw,sent you a mail sa fb^_^

Chubskulit Rose  – (February 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM)  

Looks delicious! I love those, ang mahal nyan dito..

Spice Up Your Life

Newlyweds  – (February 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM)  

yey! i miss miss miss your blog...i love mochi, as in super love..

Mauie Flores  – (February 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM)  

The ones with sesame seeds resemble our local buchi, don't you think?

Happy Food Tripping! Hope you also get to view my post here.

Anonymous –   – (February 3, 2011 at 10:59 PM)  

moshi, moshi! enjoying yet another sweet treat:)

Unknown  – (February 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM)  

i can imagine how this tastes.:p
i have some tikoy here, too...from Chinese suppliers. enjoy your moshi, moshi!

Cecile  – (February 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM)  

looks yummy; never tried these before though!

Jenn  – (February 4, 2011 at 12:14 AM)  

Akala ko design yung isa isa lang, nabawasan pala. :)

my Food Trip Friday post

Cheerful  – (February 4, 2011 at 2:04 AM)  

looks all delicious...love its color! happy food trip friday! :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors