eFaucets-Brand-468x60

Food Friday - California Maki mit Lachs



I took an exam yesterday (for a German course) and went back today to get my results. On my way home, I passed by the Praterstern, took some photos, dropped an envelope at the post office and went to take some more shots. Since the Praterstern station is quite new (renovated and opened in 2006), there are a lot of new establishments worth visiting, one of which is the Ginza running Sushi restaurant.

They offer Asian buffet, running sushi and also coming fondue. I wasn't able to check the last two features of the restaurant as I was in a hurry to get home and pick up the kids. Take home is also an option, which I find really cheap. You get to fill a container pint and another half of it for only 4,80euros (6.45$). I filled one with shrimp tempura, and other deep-fried seafood while the other with bulgogi. (Tempura for the kids and bulgogi for hubby.)


I also took a box of 6-piece california maki (avocado, kani) topped with salmon slices and sesame seeds. The Chinese attendant was smiling while she handed me this box...as if telling me its good! It was really good and fresh although I would also enjoy it when coated with masago (caviar).

Next was this mini-box with 3 different sushi, salmon, tuna and butterfish plus 3 futo makis. I don't need to say, the photo speaks for itself. I gave this to a friend but I haven't heard from her yet.

All in all I paid short of 14euros...for a really tasty lunch...it was a nice experience, save for the cashier who would sometimes talk on the phone while customers wait, she also speaks out loud with her colleagues. :D

Anyway, I'd definitely come back to try their running sushi and coming fondue soon, this place is a good value for money!





Ginza Running Sushi, Coming Fondue
Praterstern, 1020 Wien

Unknown  – (January 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM)  

I also grab sushi and sashimi takeaways from time to time. Seafood salad is my favorite though :-)

♥peachkins♥  – (January 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM)  

I'm not really a fan of sushi...pero super like ko naman ang California Maki with mangoes...

maiylah  – (January 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM)  

yummy, and healthy, too! naku, my son would tell us to eat at his favorite Japanese restaurant when he sees your post! lol.

appreciate your playing again, G
enjoy your weekend!

ps. late or not, it's always a treat reading your food posts. :)

agent112778  – (January 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM)  

i love the 3-n-1 mini box.

my entry is here

Great day for us Food Friday Eaters :)
Thanx for the Visit :)

Zeee  – (January 10, 2009 at 1:03 PM)  

Oh yummy! I've only recently appreciated the yummy-ness of sushi and rolls... mmmmmmm

Serving mine HERE

Samantha Ysabelle  – (January 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM)  

I love sushi! Glad to hear they sell it there at an affordable prize... i just want to know if you are in germany? the family is moving soon kasi... maybe April or May of this year. it would be comforting to know that someone familiar lives close by. :D

Kikamz
Just About Anything

Race  – (January 11, 2009 at 8:31 PM)  

looks very yummy and inviting!

TeacherJulie  – (January 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM)  

My eldest daughter can eat up to 16 pieces California Maki. We buy tuna sashimi for her which she consumes by herself. Di siya mahilig sa Japanese food :D



->Julie

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Mirage Blogs

Visitors